We are seeking a Home Health Aide – Non-Medical Home Care to become a part of our team! You will provide routine healthcare to patients at the patient's home or in a care facility.
- Provide routine individualized care to the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities
- Monitor and report changes in patient health status
- Provide personal care, such as bathing and dressing patients
- Provide specialized healthcare such as administering medication and changing bandages
- Teach family members ways to care for patient
Home health is a rapidly expanding market offering long term job security.
Today, approximately 10,000 Americans will turn 65 years old, and 10,000 more will cross that threshold every day for the next 15 years! Employment of home health aides is projected to grow 48 percent from 2012 to 2022, much faster than the average for all other occupations.
Loved Ones offers Competitive Pay, Benefits, & Paid Vacations! To name just a few.
What do home health aids do?
Home Health Aides enable patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition; providing support and personal services; and helping to educate families.
Home Health Aide Job Duties:
- Monitors patient well-being by observing physical and mental condition.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements, preparing and serving meals and snacks; running errands.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient, advising on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal, notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by following asepsis standards and procedures; maintaining security precautions, following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A NATIONAL CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, NATIONAL ABUSE/NEGLECT REGISTRY CHECK, DRIVING RECORD CHECK, CREDIT CHECK, & A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING
- Experience in hospice, home health, or other related fields
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Loved Ones: In-Home Personal Care & Nursing Services
Loved Ones is an in home personal care and nursing agency. Founded in 1996 Loved Ones is deeply rooted in our unyielding dedication to provide our patients with a higher quality of care in the safe, familiar environment of their own home.
Interested in this position? Click here to send us an email. Be sure to attach your resume and any other pertinent materials.