Position: Full Time (Monday-Friday 8:00 – 5:00pm)
The RN Case Manager / Alternate Administrator plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis home and community based health care. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities. Additionally as the Alternate Agency Administrator the RN Case Manager must meet all the requirements of Texas admin code 97.243
Essential Job Functions:
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plans of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. A minimum of 1 year of experience as an RN within the last 36 months
- A registered nurse (RN) licensed in Texas or in accordance with the Texas Board of Nursing rules for Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) and valid drivers license.
- Must meet the initial educational training requirements specified in §97.259 of the TX Admin Code (relating to Initial Educational Training in Administration of Agencies).
- Responsible for the direct supervision of home health aides.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills
Compensation:$60,000 to $75,000 Annually
Benefits Offered:Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Full Time
About Loved Ones: In-Home Personal Care & Nursing Services
Loved Ones is an in home personal care and nursing agency. Founded in 1996 Loved Ones is deeply rooted in our unyielding dedication to provide our patients with a higher quality of care in the safe, familiar environment of their own home.
Interested in this position? Click here to apply online!