How to Choose a Home Health Care Provider
You Want Only the Best for Your Loved One, We Can Help
Choosing a Home Health Care Provider is an important decision, and there are many factors that your family should consider when making a final decision. From the time commitment to the type of care that your loved ones needs, it’s important to make sure that the services your Home Health Care Agency provides are the services that are needed for your loved one.
As a starting point, consider these questions when narrowing down your choice of Home Health
- Is the Home Care Agency certified through State and Federal government? This can provide funding opportunities to help manage the cost of care.
- What types of Personal Care Programs does the agency offer? Make sure that the assistance that your loved one needs is provided by the agency.
- Does the company offer an in-home assessment and in-home safety evaluation? All reputable care companies will provide a free in-home assessment and safety evaluation to determine eligibility and level of care needed.
- Are there additional programs and services offered if my loved one’s condition deteriorates and more intensive care is necessary?
- Is this agency recommended by trusted hospitals, doctors, or social workers?
- What is the screening process for direct care staff? Reputable agencies will provide criminal background checks and drug screening on ALL care staff.
- Are caregivers and administrative staff available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- How are the patient’s care plans developed and are family members involved in the care process?
- How does the agency supervise their caregivers?
- What is the contingency plan when a caregiver is unable to work on a given day? How much notice is given to the patient and family?
- Will the caregiver be the same person every time, and what is the average time a caregiver stays with the agency?
- What are the payment options and payment plans available?
These questions can help you make sure that you choose a reputable and well-respected Home Health Care Provider for your loved ones. To find out how our Home Health Care services stack up to the competition, call us at 304-744-4081 or email us at [email protected] and speak to one of our quality and trusted aides.